About the Inquiry
The National Inquiry will review and report on:
- a national survey of the prevalence, nature and reporting of sexual harassment in Australian workplaces, by sector
- online workplace-related sexual and sex-based harassment and the use of technology and social media to perpetrate workplace-related sexual and sex-based harassment
- the use of technology and social media to identify both alleged victims and perpetrators of workplace-related sexual harassment
- the drivers of workplace sexual harassment, including whether:
- some individuals are more likely to experience sexual harassment due to particular characteristics including gender, age, sexual orientation, culturally or linguistically diverse background, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status or disability
- some workplace characteristics and practices are more likely to increase the risk of sexual harassment
- the current legal framework with respect to sexual harassment
existing measures and good practice being undertaken by employers in preventing and responding to workplace sexual harassment, both domestically and internationally the impacts on individuals and business of sexual harassment, such as mental health, and the economic impacts such as workers compensation claims, employee turnover and absenteeism, and
- recommendations to address sexual harassment in Australian workplaces.
Australian Women Lawyers, and its constituent bodies, welcome the National Inquiry.
This page is designed to provide key information about the Australian Human Rights Commission’s Inquiry into Sexual Harassment in Australian Workplaces and Australian Women Lawyers’ response to the Inquiry.
AWL’s and Constituent Body’s Submissions
- AWL Submission
- Victorian Women Barristers Association’s Submission
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW’s Submission
- Victorian Women Lawyers’ Submission
- Women Lawyers Association ACT’s Submission
- Northern Territory Women Lawyers Association’s Submission
A complete list of the public submissions provided can be found here.